Re: Win 2000 Oracle Again

From: Trifon Anguelov <trifona_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 00:36:36 GMT

"Turtle" <turtle*no-spam*@iislands.com> wrote in message news:J7mD7.346648$ME2.37788321_at_typhoon.kc.rr.com...
> Hi Everyone.
>
> Well I have been reading this group for a while and had not paid much
> attention to the issues involved with loading 8i on a Win 2K box. The only
> thing I knew was that there had been issues as there seems to be with any
> Oracle install. (I never did get it to load on Linux so I used MySQL)
Well,
> now I have to load it on Win 2K for a project and sure enough I put it all
> on the local drive and confidently clicked on setup and nothing happened.
> screen flickers and then nothing. I remember someone talking about this in
> post and was hoping they wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction
> finish this job.
>
> Thanks
>
> Turtle

Turtle,

If you installing Oracle 8.1.6.0.0 or 8.1.7.0.0 instead of clicking on setup.exe, try <cd-rom>:\install\win32\setup.

Check your memory reqierements and temp space before start. The release notes provide good guidelines for that.

Otherwise you should not have any problems installing on W2K.

Hope that helps.

Trifon Anguelov
Senior Oracle DBA

http://www.dbaclick.com Received on Mon Oct 29 2001 - 18:36:36 CST