Win 2000 Oracle Again

From: Turtle <turtle*no-spam*_at_iislands.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 00:03:53 GMT

Hi Everyone.

Well I have been reading this group for a while and had not paid much attention to the issues involved with loading 8i on a Win 2K box. The only thing I knew was that there had been issues as there seems to be with any Oracle install. (I never did get it to load on Linux so I used MySQL) Well, now I have to load it on Win 2K for a project and sure enough I put it all on the local drive and confidently clicked on setup and nothing happened. A screen flickers and then nothing. I remember someone talking about this in a post and was hoping they wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction to finish this job.

Thanks

Turtle Received on Mon Oct 29 2001 - 18:03:53 CST