Re: ORA-06xxx errors on Solaris

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:13:10 +1100

40M is far too small for an 8i system tablespace. Is autoextend on? It should be. You should probably also start with something much more reasonable, like 80M.

Connect Internal is the same as connect / as sysdba -both get you connected as user SYS, so that's fine.

Both catalog and catproc are supposed to give errors the first time they run. Both contain statements along the lines of 'drop something...create something'. The first time you run either script, the drop command produces an error, then the create command works.

What should you do now? I'd start from scratch, with an 80M system tablespace, autoextend on, and make sure you run catalog first, followed by catproc, immediately after database creation (and hence still connected as SYS). Regards
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000