Re: Getting a Handle on Oracle...oh yeah right!

From: Ivan Bajon <bajon_at_nospam@worldonline.dk>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:33:14 +0200

In my oppinion, the Oracle supplied manuals are reference books and just that. Using those for your purpose is like taking a dive in the ocean in order to get to know it. See if you can get hold of the course material for the Database Administrators Course. That's what you should use for studying for certification as well. Right from the start, you get an overview of the components making up a database and an instance. As a matter of fact, this is the first thing you need to know: what's the difference between an instance and a database? Once you get that straight, you're ready to study the components in details.

Hth,
Ivan Bajon