Re: Getting a Handle on Oracle...oh yeah right!

From: mark <mark_brehmen_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Oct 2001 01:51:18 -0700

Well, go to that folder and experiment ! whats the problem ?
Oracle GUI is usually, ahem, not the best.

For more help

1.look in otn.oracle.com for the technical articles.
2.RTFM
3.Search in Metalink (if your company purchased support)
4.There is a Cooperative FAQ by Jonathan Lewis and others . Search for
the exact link in google. Good place, telling you the "hot" topics and also frequently asked Questions

There is no "big picture" picture of oracle. Oracle is a relational database management system . Now it has several features to support internet based applications.

I am not a vendor, but you could try "Revealnet.com" evaluation version of their Oracle products. I like their way of presenting things. I think its called PL SQL knowledge base. Its a good buy (although my company does not think so :-) ). It covers more or less everything you can do with Oracle.
Its Better than reading the f***ing ADOBE manuals.ADOBE's pdf format is a pain in the ass.

HTH
Mark