Re: Where am I in the Redo Log?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 05:53:16 +1000

Thanks John,

This was the method (more or less) I was reduced to, until K Gopalkrishnan pointed out to me that X$KCCCP (which reminded me vaguely of the old Soviet Union -I find mnemonics helpful with the X$'s!!) tells you the info more or less directly (the column I was after is catchily named as CPODR_BNO [mnemonic="Dennis the Menace"].

After which it was a sinch to discover (more or less preciely) that an update of a person's salry in the EMP table generates thirty times more redo when performed in hot backup mode than when not. I'd never been able to quantify it before.

Regards
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000