Re: Trouble with SQLLDR

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: 24 Oct 2001 12:47:15 -0700

Oracle releases are NEVER 'forward compatible', meaning that your 7.3.x database cannot usually use utilities from later releases. You were lucky with SQLLDR80, as it apparently could use the 7.3 dictionary and views (or the 8.0 dictionary/views did not change from what 7.3 was using with respect to SQL*Loader). SQLLDR81 CANNOT use the 7.3 dictionary and views, and this is made glaringly apparent by the error messages you have seen when attempting to use this with a 7.3.x database.

Accept the fact that utilities for later releases are not suitable for use with earlier versions of Oracle.