Re: Where am I in the Redo Log?

From: John Darrah <jdarrah_at_veripost.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:43:13 +0000 (UTC)

Howard,

I imagine there is an X$ table that would show this in a more elegant way but since I am not smart enough to know of such things, here is my clumsy solution. add your current logfile to v$logmnr_contents via the dbms_logmnr package, and run the following query:

select scn,rbablk*512,

       to_char(timestamp,'YYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS')   from v$logmnr_contents
/
then execute your dml
then rerun the query

the difference between the two numbers should give you the amount of space your dml took up on the logs.

Hope this Helps,

John

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message news:3bd0bea9$1_at_news.iprimus.com.au...

> Anyone know a good way of identifying whereabouts you are in a redo log?
>
> Put another way, I'm after measuring precisely the amount of redo generated
> by any given transaction, and I'd like to know how close that takes me to
> inducing a log switch.
>
> All thoughts appreciated.
>
> Regards
> HJR
> --
> Resources for OracleT: www.geocities.com/howardjr2000

Posted from d225s240.hotbank.com [63.83.225.240]