Re: Detecting program name on logon.

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:12:46 -0500

Assuming Oracle 8i

I would go after the IP_ADDRESS of the offending machine and find out who/what is causing the problem. You should be able to get this either using SYS_CONTEXT or setting "log_status=on" at the tns listener level. Watch your listener log file for entries where PROGRAM=<the suspected program>, get the IP address and track them down.

However, if you use either:

userenv('SESSIONID')
or
sys_context('userenv','sessionid')

the resulting integer can be matched to a session with v$session.audsid.

-Kevin