Detecting program name on logon.

From: vdolt <VADOLT_at_YAHOO.COM>
Date: 23 Oct 2001 06:47:56 -0700

I have a program that constantly connects to the database and hangs resources
for the database. It is using JDBC client, so all information in V$SESSION is non-specific (there is no terminal, os_user or any other fields). It is also using generic user name that other programs use. All I have to go by is the external program name (it says ORACLE.EXE (P001)). I wanted to come up with the after logon trigger that would disconnect session with such a program name. However, in the userenv there is no program name attribure, there is also no sessionid so that I can reference V$SESSION. ANy ideas on how I can do that?
Thanks. Received on Tue Oct 23 2001 - 08:47:56 CDT