Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: Dino Hsu <dino1.nospam_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:48:19 +0800

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:27:16 +0200, "Michael G. Schneider" <mgs_at_mgs-software.de> wrote:

>snip.
>
>I do know that there are imp/exp command line utilities. But (in my personal
>opinion) if I pay thousands of dollars for a product, I want it to have a
>GUI. I don't have the time to learn command line interfaces. The last time I
>accepted a command line was in the DOS 6 timeframe. Nowadays an application
>has to offer a graphical user interface. There may of course be a command
>line interface, and sometimes it is very usefull, but it should not be the
>one and only way for interacting with the application.
>
>Michael G. Schneider

Michael,

I wonder whether you want your job done or not. If getting the job done is not the first priority, why don't you take the time to learn some basics of one of the best datase products, from which you might benefit in futuer projects? If it is, why don't you take the old men's advices to save your time? I doubt you know your own priority.

Dino Received on Tue Oct 23 2001 - 03:48:19 CDT