Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:27:16 +0200

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3bd3e797$0$8512$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net...

> IIRC Then this is perfectly possible just by choosing a typical install in
> the installer. You shouldn't even need to get involved with enterprise
> mangler.

I wasn't able to make import/export work without Enterprise Manager. If you log on to DBAStudio directly, it complains about not having a connection to Enterprise Manager.

I do know that there are imp/exp command line utilities. But (in my personal opinion) if I pay thousands of dollars for a product, I want it to have a GUI. I don't have the time to learn command line interfaces. The last time I accepted a command line was in the DOS 6 timeframe. Nowadays an application has to offer a graphical user interface. There may of course be a command line interface, and sometimes it is very usefull, but it should not be the one and only way for interacting with the application.

Michael G. Schneider Received on Mon Oct 22 2001 - 07:27:16 CDT