Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:49:11 +0200

> Michael,
>
> I wonder whether you want your job done or not. If getting the job
> done is not the first priority, why don't you take the time to learn
> some basics of one of the best datase products, from which you might
> benefit in futuer projects? If it is, why don't you take the old men's
> advices to save your time? I doubt you know your own priority.
>
> Dino

Hi Dino,

we should compare our passport, to find out who is the oldest in this thread. Anyway:

Of course I do know imp/exp. Of course I do use these in the meantime. Of course I also have deadlines to catch for finishing my projects.

But if this well known company, which takes some thousand dollars from me each and every year, thinks that this the way how software should be developed, I will stand up and tell my opinion. This "we are the best, we don't need to hear to our customers, and Windows is not our main target plattform" will fail in the long run. But this is my personal opinion. Anybody not supporting this point of view may certainly be happy with this best database ever, without thinking of where this software definitely needs improvements.

Michael G. Schneider Received on Tue Oct 23 2001 - 11:49:11 CDT