Inactive Sessions Remain Open

From: Steven Pannell <steven.pannell_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:35:18 +0200

Hi All,

I am using Oracle 8i and have lots of inactive sessions open on the database. In fact I have so many that the max. number of processes is being reached. The problem is sometimes our development applications crash leaving the cursor open and thus the session never goes away. Even if I attempt to kill the session it still reamains open.

How can I set up Oracle to remove/kill dead sessions without restarting the database.

thanks for any help,

Steve. Received on Mon Oct 22 2001 - 05:35:18 CDT