Re: Oracle on Windows platforms

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:29:56 +1000

Lord people have short memories!

I remember trying to get Windows 3.0 to work on a diskless workstation in 1990 (it was around about then, anyway). Do you think I could get it to run in Enhanced Mode (where all the fun started happening?).

And that's not to mention DOS 3.0 and onwards. We used to install Novell 3ish just to get around the DOS volume size limits!

Windows 95 was a revelation in comparison. Worked first time.

Honestly, Niall: Microsoft bashing is a sport I'd hoped Oracle DBAs (given they are a superior life form) had gone beyond.

Regards
HJR

--
Resources for OracleT: www.geocities.com/howardjr2000