Re: Oracle on Windows platforms - apology

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:12:04 +0100

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message news:3bce74b5_at_news.iprimus.com.au...
> Honestly, Niall: Microsoft bashing is a sport I'd hoped Oracle DBAs (given
> they are a superior life form) had gone beyond.
<snip>
> "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message
> > "news.shef.ac.uk" <@.> wrote in message
> > > Desupported==So ORAble we have washed our hands of it!
> >
> > But you've gotta admit windows95 is pretty "orable" so its a good job
> > Microsoft have desupported it.

I'm sorry - and feel suitably chastised - In my defence I was merely rising to the desupported = rubbish suggestion in the original message.That'll teach me to try irony in a usenet post.

Just for the record we use NT/Win2k here and it is secure stable and reliable enough for us. It is at least as suitable as Unix for 90% of organisations.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA