Re: Setting date format in Oracle 8i

From: Fraser McCallum <fmcc_at_NOSPAModbaguru.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 23:19:38 +0100

Marco,

The NLS_DATE_FORMAT can also be set the on the client which overrides the server settings. If you are using NT then NLS_DATE_FORMAT is set at a registry level under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE => SOFTWARE =>ORACLE. If using UNIX it can be set as one of the environmental variables for your shell. Also if your client has NLS_LANG set to something different on the client from the in the init.ora this will take precedence and can influence what date format is displayed.

Kind Regards

Fraser McCallum
MVP Oracle
www.brainbench.com