Oracle MTS configuration in Linux

From: RHC <rclarence_at_juno.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2001 15:28:44 -0700

I have seen many posts, but have yet to see a correct answer on how to configure MTS on 8i running on Linux. I have been unable to accomplish this task as well.

Here are my init.ora MTS parameters.

mts_dispatchers="(address=(partial=true)(protocol=tcp)(host=192.168.1.100)(queuesize=128))(dispathcers=5)(connections=100)(sessions=50)"
mts_max_dispatchers=5
mts_servers=1
mts_max_servers=10

I would like to use Oracle as my content db for a website but I am concerned that without MTS the load will be unreasonable. My questions are

  1. Are these the correct parameters for MTS?
  2. If not what are?
  3. Do I need to make any specific changes to the listener?
  4. I went to metalink (Note:94166.1) and I implemented that solution but still Oracle said the server process was dedicated. Is this Metalink correct?
  5. Does the listener have to be up and running BEFORE, the database is rebooted?

TIA
RHC Received on Sun Oct 07 2001 - 17:28:44 CDT