Setting date format in Oracle 8i

From: Marco Mapelli <mapellim_at_usa.net>
Date: 7 Oct 2001 09:50:10 -0700

Hello Tom,

I just changed my init.ora file to specify a desidere date format thru the parameter

NLS_DATE_FORMAT = DD-MM-YYYY but after restarting my instance and connecting to sqlplus and selecting from a DATE field I still see the default date format DD-MON-YY without altering any session.
Should the initialization parameter set the date format for all sessions ?

Thanks and regards

Marco Received on Sun Oct 07 2001 - 11:50:10 CDT