Re: log file sync

From: Ethan Post <Blah_at_Blah.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 14:24:47 GMT

I am just attempt to see what the upper limits of the commit rate. We have a job that needs to process X number of records per hour. I can not change the application logic. This means one thing the database will be doing is commiting 50,000 time per minute. The log buffer is 1 MB now, we have slowly increased the size to eliminate as many log buffer space waits as possible. Log file syncs are now the problem with most jobs. My question was how come when I wrote a failry simple insert delete script and go 50,000 commits per minute, I go no log file syncs waits?