Re: Urgent: Oracle slow, But plenty of resource on the unix server

From: Helen <hhjin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2001 07:25:41 -0700

Weblogic connects to Oracle using JDBC.
I know the application is not perfect.

But my concern is in Oracle, which seems to be a bottle neck.

It should be able to handle this many connections, faster..

I see no problem on the unix server, 30% cpu idle, 10% io wait. No network issue, as my 'sqlplus usr/pwd' is slow locally on the db server box (without going through any network path).

for Oracle, the buffer cache hits, library cache hits are high, redo log waits is low, sorts_to_disk low. All those standard 'checklist' returned positive results.

In init.ora, we have this set up, but I think all connections are dedicated connections.

mts_dispatchers = "(PROTOCOL=TCP)(PRE=oracle.aurora.server.SGiopServer)" mts_servers = 1

I am checking v$session_event and v$system_event as couple of online gurus recommanded. Will post more whenever possible.

Helen Received on Wed Oct 03 2001 - 09:25:41 CDT