rman tablespace managment

From: Manuela Mueller <520040906697-0001_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 17:49:55 +0200

Dear all,
RDBMS: Oracle EE 8.1.7, OS LINUX: RH 6.2 in order to learn rman I set up a seperate recovery db, created a locally managed tablespace (uniform size 5M) for the recovery catalog. Created a user who owns the catalog schema granted him the necessary roles and unlimited quota on the tablespace that should contain the recovery catalog.
All went fine until I tried to create the catalog in this tablespace.

RMAN> create catalog tablespace 'RCVCAT';

RMAN-06099: error occurred in source file: krmk.pc, line: 6600 RMAN-06097: text of failing SQL statement: CREATE TABLE orl (

dbinc_key       NUMBER NOT NULL,        -- database incarnation
thread#         NUMBER NOT NULL,        -- thread number
group#          NUMBER NOT NULL,        -- group number
fname           VARCHAR2(1024) NOT NULL, -- datafile name
--CONSTRAINT orl_p PRIMARY KEY (dbinc_key, fname), -- key is too long CONSTRAINT orl_f1 FOREIGN KEY (dbinc_key, thread#)   REFERENCES rt ON DELETE CASCADE
)
 tablespace "RCVCAT"

RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace RCVCAT

I dropped the tablespace, created it as dictionary managed tablespace and created the catalog without any error messages. In the backup manual and backup & recovery handbook I found no hints, that the tablespace for the recovery catalog should be dictionary managed.
Has anybody encountered the same feature or is it eventually OS-related? Any suggestions are welcome, ...have a nice day Manuela Mueller Received on Tue Oct 02 2001 - 10:49:55 CDT