Oracle 9i on Linux

From: Michael Wolff <mlwolff_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:15:36 +0200

Hey folks,

I'tried to install Oracle 9i on a SuSE Linux 7.1 distribution and encountered the following problem:

While installing I got an error message like this:

I/O error while reading .../Temp8.

Temp8 is a file of approx. 275MB and I've no problems with loading it in an editor like vi, which makes naturally no sense but it shows that will be no problems to access the file.

When I select 'ignore' the installation goes on and finished after some time, everthing seemed to be ok, but I feel unsure that something went wrong.

Any ideas ?

thanx in advance,
Michal Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 14:15:36 CDT