Oracle - Problem with French Characters

From: <NeedaHoliday>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:15:43 -0400

Here's the problem,

	Windows NT machine.
	NLS_LANG = AMERICA.AMERICAN.WE8ISO8859P1
	Oracle 7.3.4

When I insert a french character into the database i.e. é the accent dissappears on update.

I use SQLPLUS 3.3.4 or a Powerbuilder application for update. Both drop the accent.

Does anyone know what the problem may be. When I use Windows 95, the correct character is stored and displayed.

Thanks in advance

JAMES.STEWART_at_nospamPWGSC.GC.CA

Please omit nospam to email Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 14:15:43 CDT