Re: storage in import

From: Kenneth Koenraadt <plovmand_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:54:39 GMT

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:10:13 GMT, bettati_at_infinito.it (andy) wrote:

>I have an Oracle database with some big tables. I need to have an
>empty dump of tables (using exp ... rows=n).
>In this way when i import dump on new database, i have a large amount
>of space allocated without data.
>I would like to have a minimal space occupation.
>I work with 7.3.4 and 8i databases.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Andy.

Hi Andy,

A table always has a minimal size of it's INITIAL extent size, even if it is empty. That is of course also true regarding an import.

Look inside the export dump file and the INITIAL storage parameter of the tables listed in it. You may change/reduce them by editing directly in the export dump file..... but be careful.

Regards,
Kenneth Koenraadt
Systems Consultant
Oracle DBA