Re: cannot connect to oracle

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 15:03:55 GMT

Rob,

I believe that the service is started, but the instance is not started. Why not dig in with Server Manager?

C:\> set oracle_sid=<your_sid>

C:\> svrmgrl

SVRMGR> connect / as sysdba
connected.

SVRMGR> startup

if at this point, you receive an error indicating that the initialization file has not been found, use the pfile=<full_path> e.g.

SVRMGR> startup pfile='D:\Oracle\Admin\DEV\pfile\initDEV.ora'

If the user account does not belong to the group ORA_DBA, use

SVRMGR> connect internal/<password>

hth,

Paul