Re: OFA on a single disk system

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 15:39:29 GMT

Hi Christopher. All's fair on the newsgroups - I hope that you don't hold a grudge.

The main reason for using OFA is to separate binaries and config files - specific to the version of Oracle that is being used in that home - from database files, that you want to survive multiple iterations of upgrading.

For 1 single drive, as long as you have one mount point for product, and one for data, you should be fine. In fact, by separating the single RAID device into different volumes, you guarantee larger seek times than if you have a single mount point for all log, ctrl and data files.

hth,

Paul