cannot connect to oracle

From: Rob <rob_at_fcs.dhs.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:51:02 +0200

Hi everyone,

i have been using for 2 months now oracle 8.1.7. on a windows2000 system without any problems.
Since yesterday though i cannot connect to oracle. The error messages are the following:
- ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

Windows was shut down in a normal way yesterday, nothing has been changed and today, out of the
blue, these errors appeared.
I don't get any wiser from the solutions, given by the error messages.

I've stopped and started all oracle services, but I still can't connect :(

Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this? and better yet, how can I solve this problem?

Thanx in advance,
Rob Received on Fri Sep 21 2001 - 17:51:02 CDT