Re: HowTo oracle 8i replication?

From: Ed Stevens <Ed_Stevens_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:10:48 GMT

On 20 Sep 2001 18:55:28 -0700, kengheng_at_maxis.net.my (keng heng) wrote:

>Is there any paper I can get the doc or guide for oracle 8i
>replication? I have sutdied the the pdf from oracle (a76959), but the
>I can't get the oemapp repmgr to start, it said the component is not
>installed? How do I get the replication manager to start?
>thanks
>ckh :)

We went through this same thing just last month. Check your release notes. Turns out Rep Mgr is no longer a separate tool, but is baked into DBA Studio. Even there, its not a "tool" to be found under the "tools" menu, but is found on the navigation tree when you connect to a database.

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)