ORA-3121 Problem on Web Server

From: Allison <a.orton_at_cadcentre.co.uk>
Date: 21 Sep 2001 08:36:04 -0700

We have got a problem with Oracle on one of our web servers. We have successfully got one server working but we have got problems with the second.

The problem lies with a PROC dll which is used by a VB app to make alterations to the oracle database. Everything else on the server works appart from this which seems to be unable to connect to the database and throws back a ORA-12154: TNS could not reslove service name and a ORA-3121. As everything else connects to the database via the TNSNAMES.ora I don't think that is the problem.

I think it is a problem with the versions of some of the SQLNET dll's or a configuration problem with in the server but I don't know what the SQLNET dll are called or where to find them. In fact I just don't know what to do to fix the problem as I have tried everything I can think of and it is driving me mad!!!

If anyone has any ideas or help it would make me very happy indeed!!! Thanks in advance!
Allison. Received on Fri Sep 21 2001 - 10:36:04 CDT