Re: Controlling multiple database connections as one transaction.

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2001 19:54:09 -0500

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, ben_at_mercia.com wrote:

> I have a C++ program that makes a call to a Java class (using
> the Java Native Interface). Both of these programs create a
> database connection (one using OCI and the other JDBC) to a
> single Oracle database.

Since you have two connections and Oracle transactions are tied to single connections, I would think that these should be thought of as two completely separate processes. Therefore the fact that they are operating on the same database shouldn't be part of this equation. You would need an outside transaction monitor for this to work.

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.