Controlling multiple database connections as one transaction.

From: Ben <ben_at_mercia.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:10:19 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out what the simplest way is to do the following:

I have a C++ program that makes a call to a Java class (using the Java Native Interface). Both of these programs create a database connection (one using OCI and the other JDBC) to a single Oracle database. Various updates are made on the database from the two progams and I want to tie the updates together as a single transaction.

What is is the easiest way to do this? Ideally I'd like to use existing Oracle8i services to do it (rather than buy a separate TP Monitor - which I believe is one way to do this). I've read than TP Monitors are good if you have more than one resource (database) that you are working with - I only have one, so I'm hoping that's going to be easier!

Any solutions or ideas gratefully received!

Best regards,
Ben Miller Received on Tue Sep 18 2001 - 12:10:19 CDT