Re: Clarification of Backup procedures?

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:01:45 GMT

How are you backing up Oracle? Is the database running or is it not? You cannot just copy the data files while Oracle is running; you won't have a backup that will work. Have you tested the backup and are you sure it works? Sorry for the questions, perhaps you are fine, but I have seen too many people blindly backup the files and then be burned when they have to restore. Your best bet is to get Oracle backup and recovery from Oracle Press. It has all the information you need. Jim

"Joseph D. Ahmad" <jahmad2088_at_home.com> wrote in message news:5Spp7.65175$j65.11613310_at_news4.rdc1.on.home.com...
> Dear Group;
>
> I'm a systems analyst for a large school board, and our HR Department is
> about to run some parallel processing using their existing HR-Payroll
System