Clarification of Backup procedures?

From: Joseph D. Ahmad <jahmad2088_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:51:13 GMT

Dear Group;

I'm a systems analyst for a large school board, and our HR Department is about to run some parallel processing using their existing HR-Payroll System in conjunction with their new platform that runs on Oracle 8i / Windows NT Server 4.0 SP 5. As a result, I have some questions related to the backup procedures that I should undertake. Please note that on a nightly basis, we are backing up the NT Server, and the logical array on which the Oracle application exists ~ this backup is written to a DLT tape using a copy of ARCServe2000. Nonetheless, is there any other recommended backups that should be performed each day? Should I be exporting table information at the noon hour. A detailed recommendation would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Joseph D. Ahmad Received on Mon Sep 17 2001 - 11:51:13 CDT