Re: On the fly import decompress problem

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <andrew_webby_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Sep 2001 06:19:32 -0700

Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:<A43AA78C3F9DD511AAB100805FBE740D40305A_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk>...
> I suspect that there must be a 'large number' somewhere in the gzipped
> file. The import procedure I am using is built to read a gz file and
> decompress on the fly via a pipe as you have suggested. The error always
> occurs in the script and if I try it manually on the command line.

I won't go over the pipes and such that gzip/gunzip can handle, but there should be no reason why you can't just PKUNZIP on your wintel machine. As long as it's to NTFS, hopefully you'll be OK. Unzipping doesn't require a lot of memory. If WinZIP should fail, hunt down PKZ204G.EXE which is the original DOS command line version. Received on Mon Sep 17 2001 - 08:19:32 CDT