Re: NT problem

From: Fraser McCallum <fmcc_at_NOSPAModbaguru.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:13:15 +0100

Dermot,

Based on the error I would guess that maybe it's trying to authenticate the ClearQuest account based on which NT user owns its process or is running the software. If this is so you will need to grant at an NT level the correct group privileges. Check that the NT Account that you use belongs to one of the following four NT Local Groups on the MS Windows NT Server/Workstation where the database is located: ORA_OPER, ORA_DBA, ORA_<SID>_OPER, ORA_<SID>_DBA.

More information on the above is in the getting started manual for the version of the database you are running.

Regards

Fraser McCallum
MVP Oracle
www.brainbench.com