Moving data from 8.1.6.3 to another 8.1.7 machine

From: Lauren Buchholz <lauren_at_myself.com>
Date: 16 Sep 2001 13:36:50 -0700

Hi, I don't claim to be a DBA, but I got some oracle stuff dumped on me and am having some problems. I have an instance running on a server running 8.1.6.3 right now, and I need to move a dupliacte of the data onto a a second machine that is running 8.1.7. I have created the instaces and the tablespaces on the new machine, and done a full system level export with a inclevel=complete on the source database, but when I try and import, I am getting object creation errors for the tables that belong to non-system schemas. I do not know the passwords of all of the schemas on this box, and have not seen a way to get the import to create the schema with the same uid/pwd as the source. IS this possible, or is there another way to get the same nt result?

Regards... Received on Sun Sep 16 2001 - 15:36:50 CDT