Re: Stop service will not shutdown the db on W2K

From: Walter Stucki <wstucki._nosp__at_oekosoft.nosp.ch>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:02:26 +0200

> did you set ora_<sid>_shutdown in hklm\software\oracle to true?

  Yes, the registry shows (thats, what I meant   by the config values in the registry):

  ORA_<SID>_SHUTDOWN = TRUE
  ORA_<SID>_SHUTDOWNTYPE = I

  But the values are not directly unser ORACLE,   but ORACLE->HOME2 (because of some years   of lifetime, my machine has multiple oracle homes).

  I did try the values by hand directly in ORACLE with no effect.

> How do you verify the database doesn't shut? Did you check the alert.log?

   Yes, I see in the alert.log, that there occurs no shutdown. Stopping the    service OracleService<SID> takes only about one second, much less then    a manual shutdown.

> Normally crash recovery shouldn't be a big problem.

   Otherwise I would have lost my data!.    But I do not feel very comfortable to rely on that.

Best regards
Walter Stucki, Oekosoft

www.oekosoft.ch | www.web-home.ch | www.linkex.ch Received on Fri Sep 14 2001 - 08:02:26 CDT