Re: Stop service will not shutdown the db on W2K

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:05:22 +0200

"Walter Stucki" <wstucki_at_oekosoft.ch> wrote in message news:3ba1ba3e$1_3_at_news.bluewin.ch...
> When I shutdown the system or stop the according
> service, the database ist never shutdown. Each restart
> will so lead to recovery.
>
> I have set the shutdown option with
> 'Oracle Administration Assisten fro Windows NT'
> to Immediate and I find according config values in
> the registry. But the db is never shutdown automatically.
> I would have to shut it down e.g. by srvmgrl.
>
> Best regards
> Walter Stucki, Oekosoft
> www.oekosoft.ch | www.web-home.ch | www.linkex.ch

did you set ora_<sid>_shutdown in hklm\software\oracle to true? How do you verify the database doesn't shut? Did you check the alert.log? Normally crash recovery shouldn't be a big problem. A database on NT should be shutdown by oradim, not by svrmgrl. Apart from that there is a stop<sid>.cmd on your system.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Sep 14 2001 - 04:05:22 CDT