Recovering tablespaces

From: Sayoni <shayonie_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2001 22:59:34 -0700

Hi, I am a new dba-in-making if i may say so...I have a few questions that i would appreciate if someone could throw some light on. 1. What happens if you lose a datafile belonging to the TEMP tblspace? how would you recover it?
2. What happens if you lose a datafile belonging to the INDEX tblspace? how would you recover it?
3. What happens if you lose the alert.log. how would you recover it? 4. when would you use raw partitions?

thanks a ton.
sayoni :-0 Received on Thu Sep 13 2001 - 00:59:34 CDT