Re: Replicating Table Setup

From: Stephen T. Parfitt <steve.parfitt_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:24:10 -0400

You are correct. Defaults are not automatically replicated to updateable snapshots (i.e. which you refer to as the 'updateable view ... on the slave')

You can find this in pub'n A76959-01 (Oracle 8i Replication) on page 3-22:

"Note: An updateable snapshot based on a master table that has defined column default values does not automatically use the master table’s default values.
Note: Updateable snapshots do not support the DELETE CASCADE constraint."

You will have to 'manually' add the defaults or create some automated mechanism (PL/SQL, etc) to replicate these constraints when you create the snapshots.

This was also true with Oracle 8.

Steve Parfitt