Replicating Table Setup

From: Steve James <stevejames73_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:35:50 +0100

Hi,

I have recently setup up a master/slave replicated environment, but have noticed that the tables in
the slave environment don't carry across attributes such as default values. i.e. if I create a table:

create table test(
mytext varchar2(10),
mynumber default 2));

on the master site, and this table is replicated onto the slave as an updateable view, when I try and insert the row on the slave:

insert into test (mytext) values ('test1');

The default value criteria is ignored.
i.e.
select * from test

Mytext Mynumber
test1

is should read

Mytext     Mynumber
test1        2

Can anybody tell me what is going on and how I can get this criteria across?

Cheers,

Steve Received on Wed Sep 12 2001 - 09:35:50 CDT