How to speed up dataprocessing?

From: Wei Chen <wei.chen_at_gzs.de>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 11:21:01 +0200

I am going to insert a huge data into tables. I've tryed to drop the index (PK) first and insert the

                     data, then re-create the index(PK). But it seems
not so much faster than without dropping the index
                     when I insert data, but it seems much faster when I
delete data from tables. Why? Is there any better
                     way to speed up the insert-processing?