Re: newbie : Oracle8i Authentification error

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:20:37 +0200

"Frédéric REGNIER" <fredericregnier_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:61f88361.0108270057.89fd941_at_posting.google.com...
> mickrice_at_techie.com (Mick Rice) wrote in message
>
> > the Oracle Management Server takes the request from the Console and
submits it
> > to the Intelligent Agent on the target server. The Intelligent Agent
attempts
> > to establish a "new" Operating System (OS) logon session for each job
that it
> > receives. The OS logon credentials are pulled from the Console's
Preferred
> > Credentials settings. In the Preferred Credentials section, each
discovered
> > service is listed along with its service type. For OS logons, the "
NODE "
> > service type must contain a valid OS user that has the correct
permissions.
> > If the logon information provided to the Intelligent Agent is incorrect
or
> > missing, the Intelligent Agent will return the error:
> >
> > VNI-2015: Authentication ErrorTroubleshooting Checklist
>
> Great thanks for your help, i solve my problem with a DOS command type
> :
> imp userid=nameuser/password file=c:\..\*.dmp full=y
> But, i always don't understand why the import assistant could not
> achieve the files importation?
> In other part, could you describe to me what is "metalink"?
> Regards
>
> fredericregnier_at_hotmail.com

Metalink.oracle.com is the support site of Oracle. It contains info on almost any question directed to Oracle support, and more generic notes If there is a generic solution or troubleshooting mechanism for a specific error Metalink has it.
This service is not free: you need to have a valid support contract for it.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 04:20:37 CDT