Re: Why doesn't Oracle care about Linux as IBM does?

From: John Russell <netnews_at_johnrussell.mailshell.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:42:18 GMT

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:02:10 GMT, "Charles J. Fisher" <cfisher_at_rhadmin.org> wrote:
>I do understand DB2's fixation on Linux - with it's "shared nothing"
>architecture, it is probably a better fit.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this article at Salon.com: http://salon.com/tech/fsp/2000/09/12/chapter_7_part_one/index.html

It goes into some of the political infighting and turf wars behind Linux at IBM. I subscribed to Salon Premium after reading it. :-)

John

--
Got an Oracle database question?
Try the search engine for the database docs at: