Re: newbie : Oracle8i Authentification error

From: Frédéric REGNIER <fredericregnier_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2001 01:57:16 -0700

mickrice_at_techie.com (Mick Rice) wrote in message

> the Oracle Management Server takes the request from the Console and submits it
> to the Intelligent Agent on the target server. The Intelligent Agent attempts
> to establish a "new" Operating System (OS) logon session for each job that it
> receives. The OS logon credentials are pulled from the Console's Preferred
> Credentials settings. In the Preferred Credentials section, each discovered
> service is listed along with its service type. For OS logons, the " NODE "
> service type must contain a valid OS user that has the correct permissions.
> If the logon information provided to the Intelligent Agent is incorrect or
> missing, the Intelligent Agent will return the error:
>
> VNI-2015: Authentication ErrorTroubleshooting Checklist

Great thanks for your help, i solve my problem with a DOS command type :
imp userid=nameuser/password file=c:\..\*.dmp full=y But, i always don't understand why the import assistant could not achieve the files importation?
In other part, could you describe to me what is "metalink"? Regards

fredericregnier_at_hotmail.com Received on Mon Aug 27 2001 - 03:57:16 CDT