Re: Problem moving a table to another tablespace (NOT a newbie)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 24 Aug 2001 03:43:44 -0700

sec97_at_hotmail.com (Sam Cummins) wrote in message news:<yPih7.7020$Xg2.811163925_at_newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>...
> In article <Bxjg7.3093$W6.411658423_at_newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>,
> tgphelps50_at_yahoo.com says...
> >
> >This started as a small problem, I thought, but it has become a tough nut to
> >crack. I have a TAR open with Oracle, but they are NOT helpful. Here's a quick
> >summary: I'm trying to move the standard Oracle table AQ$_QUEUES into the
> >SYSTEM tablespace, where it belongs. I'm running 8.1.7 on AIX.
>
> I'm the original poster of this thread. I haven't had any responses, so I
> suppose this isn't a simple problem. There must be some way to move this table,
> or if necessary recreate all the AQ tables from scratch, isn't there? If the AQ
> stuff is recreated by the catalog.sql script, can I simply run that script
> without causing any problems. But then, if I can't move this table, I suppose
> that no script from Oracle could either. So what would happen to me (or you) if
> the AQ$_QUEUES table got corrupted? How would I ever fix it, other than
> restoring from a backup?
>
> The Oracle Metalink forum I posted to hasn't been of any assistance either.
> Hmmm.

A little grepping in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin showed catqueue.sql creates all necessary objects and catnoque will remove all associated objects.
Without any doubt the former script is run by catalog.sql Please bear in mind forums like this one are volunteer work, and no one is under any obligation to respond to you in a few hours. If it's really that urgent open a TAR. Yesterday I didn't have time to look into it, and your 'NOT a newbie' wasn't exactly inspiring me to investigate, as it looked like a RTFM type of problem. To be sure, I found the two scripts above in 10 minutes.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker,

Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Aug 24 2001 - 05:43:44 CDT