Determine database characterset

From: Sig Dock <sigdock_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Aug 2001 03:41:01 -0700

Hi all,

does anybody know how I can determine the characterset with which a database originaly was created? We no longer have the original create-files and I can't find it in the v$parameter-view. If I start the export utility I get the message that export will use the us7ascii characterset but there are no warnings about datacanversion or anything like that. Is it the right conclusion that the database was created using the us7ascii characterset?

tia,
Bert Jan Meinders
Oracle DBA Received on Fri Aug 24 2001 - 05:41:01 CDT