Re: Problem moving a table to another tablespace (NOT a newbie)

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:01:15 GMT

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 02:18:06 GMT, sec97_at_hotmail.com (Sam Cummins) wrote:

>or if necessary recreate all the AQ tables from scratch, isn't there? If the AQ
>stuff is recreated by the catalog.sql script, can I simply run that script
>without causing any problems.

Most probably. You'd loose the current contents of the table, though. Unless you exported first.

>that no script from Oracle could either. So what would happen to me (or you) if
> the AQ$_QUEUES table got corrupted? How would I ever fix it, other than
>restoring from a backup?

Same way you'd fix any dictionary problem? re-create the db and import. IIRC, the AQ tables are used only for overall control of each individual application's queue table. Like a meta-dictionary of messaging. It shouldn't corrupt that often (I hope!).

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Fri Aug 24 2001 - 06:01:15 CDT