EXP/IMP ... (HELP!!!!!!)

From: JK Yao <jkyf0131_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Aug 2001 01:35:23 -0700

dear all,

I have several EXP/IMP questions.

  1. I exported my database to A.dmp file, and I create another database with the same TABLESPACEs, which have different datafiles. Am I able to import A.dmp to my new database?

If I want to do something like this, how can I do?

2. I am upgrading my database from 7.3.4 to 8.1.6. Which method of migrate is better?

a. Export from 7.3.4 and import to 8.1.6
b. Use migrate Utility when install Oracle8.1.6
c. Use migrate Utility first and then export from 8.1.6 and import
from the export dmp file.

Which is the best or any other ways better then what I listed?

3. During Importing, I got some error mesg, such as PK conflicted, long column excess the buffer and excess extent limit in rollback segment ... table rollbacked. If those error happen, should I continue to import? If I do, how can I fix it after import finish. Or How can I fix it before import. I created a new database and run catalog.sql and then import. There is supposed to be no data, why I still get PK conflict?

Please help!
Thanks in advance,

regards,
JK Received on Thu Aug 09 2001 - 03:35:23 CDT